About NorwecoVisual Tour | Norweco Flags | Products | Laboratory | Learning Center | Library
Online Store | servicepromcd.com
Training Schools
Factory training for continuing education credits.
Ask the Experts
Tap into our scientists' knowledge.
Sampling Techniques
How to properly use sampling as a tool for wastewater treatment.
Effluent Sampling Port Design
The right way to design, build and use a wastewater sampling port.
Off-Lot Discharges
Drainage options and how they are related.
Norweco News
Stay informed online.
Bacteria Jokes
Why did the paramecium cross the road?
Regulatory Links
Listings and links to agencies in our industry.
Industry
Links

Links to other websites important to our industry.
ADWA
A position paper prepared by the American Decentralized Wastewater Association.
Extreme Makeover Home Edition
Singulair featured on popular abc television program.
Wastewater
FAQ

Questions often asked about wastewater treatment.
Online Presentations
View some of our corporate presentations on the web.
Wastewater
Treatment
Strategies

How to deal with different treatment needs and requirements.
Water
Treatment
Strategies

How to deal with different treatment needs and requirements.

Home » Learning Center » Water Treatment Strategies

 

International Water Treatment Strategies

Considerations:

  1. The quality of your water source from an encased well, hand dug well, rain water collection tank or cistern
  2. Medical history of the area including cholera, sickness or deaths due to gastrointestinal illnesses
  3. The overall condition of the distribution system and how it is affected by infiltration
  4. Whether the water is being carried by metal or plastic pipes
  5. Point of distribution into homes, community water fountains or water station tanks
  6. Degree of community involvement

Typical Solutions:

  1. Well or surface water source to a Bio-Dynamic tablet feeder filled with chlorine tablets

  2. Tablet feeder plumbing bypass arrangement with 30% of the water flowing through the feeder into the final storage tank and remaining 70% of the water flowing directly into the final storage tank

  3. Gravity flow distribution from final storage tank to points of use or booster pumps to points of use
  4. Maintain a minimum average of .5 ppm chlorine residual at point of use to insure disinfection
  5. Monitor chlorine residual in the storage tank to maintain a 1.5 ppm average chlorine residual. If the chlorine residual drops more than 1 ppm through the distribution system, sanitize the piping with a 5 ppm chlorine solution
  6. Monitor chlorine residual in the container in which the water is transported. If no residual is present, increase chlorine dose

Bio-Dynamic potable water disinfection systems are installed worldwide by non-profit relief agencies and recommended by the International Rural Water Association.

HOME - SEARCHCONTACT - PRIVACY POLICY - HELP
Norwalk Wastewater Equipment Company, Inc.
220 Republic Street  Norwalk, Ohio, U.S.A.  44857-1156
1-800-NORWECO  Phone: (419) 668-4471  Fax: (419) 663-5440 

© 2006 Norweco, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Problems with the site? E-Mail:
Norweco Webmaster

.


System Description

“The water that I and my family consumed before the installment of the chlorinator in Villa Rosa was of very bad quality.  We didn’t have money to buy a safe 5 gallon bottle of water for $2.00. My grandson suffered from severe diarrhea. He would get so dehydrated at times, to the point where we spent all our money taking him to the doctors, even when we didn’t have money to eat. With your clean water, he does not get sick anymore!”

 

-Paulette Champagne, Port-au-Prince, Haiti resident

.